TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
A phone called 'selfie' for perfect self-portrait
Tapping into the narcissists' obsession with the selfies, a Taiwanese company has launched a new phone optimised for taking selfies.
What's more, the device has even been named 'Selfie'!
It boasts of features that would certainly pamper you if you are a perfectionist as far as your self-portraits go, such as the 'beautification mode'.
"I know I am not the only narcissist in this room," ASUS design centre director Jen Chuang was quoted as saying as she introduced the ZenFone Selfie on stage at the conference.
The Selfie phone features cameras on both the front and back of the phone with a 'beautification mode' designed to make people look better in their photos.
"It makes my skin tone look more even, the lines softer -- it's like wearing digital makeup," Chuang said.
The cameras' 'real tone' flash is "like having a personal spotlight", according to Chuang.
The device also sports a 'selfie button' that can be easily pressed with an index finger, so people can click the shutter just as they might change the volume of their music.
To activate 'selfie mode', users need only draw an 'S' on the home screen of their phone. There is also 'selfie panorama mode' for capturing more background in 140-degree selfie shots.
Now, about the selfie stick. The ZenFone Selfie has a revolving 'swing' attachment that adds a few more inches between a selfie taker and the phone. That makes up for a selfie-stick.
The company is also offering a 'MyView' cover for the phone that would hide the entire screen except for a small circular window for previewing selfie shots. The tagline for the accessory is: "Snap your selfie, view your beauty".