TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Akai Smart Box Launched, Converts Any TV into Smart TV at Rs 6,590
Akai, one of the leading Japanese Consumer Electronics brands today announced the launch of Akai Smart Box. According to the company's press release, based on Android platform, the new device will transform any television including CRT, Plasma, LCD or LED into a smart TV and at a price of Rs 6,590.
The device will be available across India and the company anticipates a market of 1 lakh units for the Akai Smart Box in the coming months and hopes to achieve a turnover of Rs 250 crore by the end of this fiscal with its new technology launches.
Talking about features, the all-new AKAI Smart Box comes with a wireless mouse for easier navigation with which any TV can perform all the functions that a tablet PC normally does. It is equipped with 4GB internal memory and supports memory up to 32 GB through an SD Card slot.
It can enable users to connect to the internet and browse websites, read popular books and newspapers, check mails, weather and market updates, play games, book travel tickets, play music, play videos on YouTube and be logged on to Facebook, Twitter or Skype accounts. Customers can also shop from TV by logging onto any of the shopping portals.
- Android Operating System
- Unlimited Internet Browsing (Open System)
- 1.25 GHz CPU Processor
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet port
- 3G Dongle and 2G Network support
- Creates Wi-Fi Hotspot
- HDMI port for Full HD video playback
- AV port
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- SD/MMC card slot (Supports upto 32 GB)
- Headphone and Mic Jack
- Wireless mouse
- 4GB Internal Memory
- In-built IM (Google Talk, Skype, Yahoo) & Social Networking Sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Supports YouTube Video
- Unlimited applications access through Google Playstore
- Calendar and Calculator function
- DLNA Support
Commenting on the launch, Pranay Dhabhai, Managing Director, AKAI India said, “It has been our constant endeavor at AKAI to offer products with state-of- the- art technology coupled with great consumer offering and the AKAI Smart Box is a step forward in this direction.
Product life span in today’s digital age is short; buy anything and by the time you’ve stepped out of the shop it’s already outdated. Our Smart Box is set to change the way television is seen in India. Customers can upgrade their existing TV to a Smart TV which gives Full HD viewing experience without changing their existing TV. Even consumers who are planning to purchase Smart TVs can choose to buy a normal LED TV and connect with our Smart Box to get the benefits of Smart TV at a fraction of the price.”
With its Android operating system, this AKAI Smart Box converts a normal TV into a PC where one can surf the internet, save pictures, watch movies, check mails, download and listen to music. While the AKAI Smart Box upgrades the existing TV, it also creates a hotspot if connected to a LAN cable or 3G Dongle as it transmits Wi-Fi signal to operate other gadgets. It also supports 2G network. Customers can even print documents from Wi-Fi enabled printer. By using the HDMI cable one can get Full HD picture quality.
It has 4 USB ports, so besides a mouse, key-board and webcam, one can connect hard disk or pen-drive and enjoy movies, music and pictures on the TV itself. This Smart Box supports all popular movie, music and picture formats. It can also save pictures and videos recorded through the webcam.
The AKAI Smart Box also supports Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) function which allows the user to seamlessly access and share digital content (videos, photos, music) from his mobile phone on to the TV screen directly when connected with a common Wi-Fi device.