TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
Do you know what's special today? If you say, its Friday and its time to get ready for weekend fun, that's true, but there is something else as well. Today is National Technology Year in India.
Every year, May 11th is celebrated as National Technoology Day. It is to commemorate the anniversary of Shakti, the Pokhran nuclear test that was held on May 11th 1998. This day glorifies the importance of science in our everyday life. It also motivates the students to prefer science as their career option.
The technical institutes and the engineering colleges across the country organize several events to mark the occasion. There will be interactive sessions, presentations, quizzes, competitions and lectures based on the different aspects of science.
The individuals and companies will be awarded with National Technology Awards by the President of India. The Ministry of Science and Technology coordinate several events to spread the spirit of the day. It is an important day for engineers, scientists and people involved in science.
The Technology Day Function is organized today by the Technology Development Board. The event will happen at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The Chief guests of the event includes dignitaries like Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the former President of India, Shri Ashimi Kumar, Minister of State (S&T) and Shri. Vilas Rao Deshmukh, the Minister of Science & Technology.