TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Android Kaju Katli Campaign: India's Suggestion to Google on next OS name
At the last I/O event Google proudly announced that Android has grown 500% year-on-year in India. Consequently, on the behalf of Indian fans in India, a group of enthusiastic Indian Android lovers are campaigning to take their message to Google to name their next OS version after the Indian sweet - Kaju Katli.
The campaign has already got the support of over 2075 people and strongly urge that depending on the Google OS naming scheme, which is, C- cupcake, D- donut, E-Éclair, G – gingerbread, H- honeycomb, I – Ice Cream Sandwich, J – Jelly bean and now it is the turn of ‘K.’ Hence, the campaigners want the next version to be named on Indian sweet “Kaju Katli.”
“KajuKatli is delicious, a part of our lives since childhood and every mention of the delicious Cashew & Ghee mix excites us. Let’s urge Google to name the next version of Android as Kaju Katli,” notes the blog post on the campaign.
With over 500 million devices out in the world, Android is the single largest modern mobile OS. And it is open source, supported by dozens of manufacturers globally. Let's see in what best ways will Google support this group consisting of eager Indian Android enthusiasts.