TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
The launch of iPhone and its fever has made Apple to be the hottest smartphone manufacturer in the world but there is a competition to the company with the Android powered smartphones that are emerging as true winners in the consumer market.
The shipment of the smartphones at a global level has increased to 54.7 % in the last three months of last year. This makes Apple to be the most popular one says an IDC report that was released on Monday.
The manufacturers have shipped about 157.8 million devices in the last quarter of 2011 as compared to the same the previous year that recorded about 102 million devices. The entire year accounts to 491.4 million devices which about 61.3 % more than the previous year that recorded 304.7 million units.
Apple held about 23.5% of the smartphone market on the global basis and this was followed by Samsung with 22.8 % and then by Nokia with 12.4 %. The Android phones are available for a price of sub $250 and these are making the volumes grow and also expands the consumer market.
Both iPhone and Android have accounted to have more than 90% of the smartphones sales in US in the last quarter of 2011 and of this Android has 48% and iPhone has 43%. This clearly indicates that Android is getting increasing popularity attracting more and more buyers.
We have already discussed on the reasons to prefer an Android smartphones when compared to an Apple iPhone. Read out article on Reasons to prefer Android to iPhone to know more.