TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
Appeals of Google and Facebook to come up before the Delhi High Court on January 23
Continuing it's drive against offensive content posted on social networking sites, the Indian Government wants to try social networking sites such as Facebook, Google and Yahoo in court. Based on this, the Delhi High Court has issued summons to major internet companies in India including Facebook India and Google India.
The Delhi High Court had also asked these websites to remove offensive, objectionable material from their websites as soon as possible or face the risk of a ban in India.
This case is going to be heard by the Delhi High Court on January 23. In their defence, Google India had submitted a petition in the court justifying that it has no control whatsoever over any content on you tube, orkut etc and a criminal suite cannot be filed in the court against it. Google India also stated that it has no authority over some of the objectionable images that were posted on it's websites. Facebook India hs also filed an objection in the court on similar lines.
Thus, the fate of Google and other social networking sites in India is going to be decided soon and it starts from January 23. This case is going to be handled by Justice Suresh Kait who had adjourned the hearing to January 23. Let's wait and watch.