TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
Google had made its virtual personal assistance available for Apple iPhones last year. Now it is being reported that Google will soon be bringing its personal assistant for the iPads. Apple, however, has its own personal assistant called Siri which is a direct competitor of the Google Assistant.
According to some reports from Beebom Google had made the announcement recently that the Google is adding the iPads to the compatibility list, which will eventually increase the usage of the Google Assistant service.
The report further suggests that the Google Assistant on iPad is similar to the one available in iPhone app along with an added benefit of a larger screen which supports both landscape and portrait mode.The Assistant will allow a user to experience split-screen feature on the iPad.
Further, Google claims that a user can set ambient lighting mood, cast the screen to the TV along with some other features. A user will also be able to make video calls and send texts by giving voice commands. Also, a user will be able to set reminders for daily chores, routines and also use the Google Assistant for searching information over the web.
In one of our previous articles, we covered that the Assitant was launched back in 2016 for the Android devices, the Google Assistant's iOS version was released for the iPhones at the Google I/O developer conference last year. The digital assistant app was earlier limited only to the U.S. market at the time of its launch. Back then three European countries such as the U.S., Germany, and France got the Google Assistant for iOS. As per the listing of Google Assistant on the App Store, the app weighs in at 137MB in size and will be compatible with iOS 9.1 or above operating system. Of course, it is compatible with the iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch models; it appears in a zoomed in view on the iPhones. Read the complete story here.