TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Apple Inc is now testing a new tablet of smaller size along with its suppliers in order to widen its product line and to stay forward among its competitors.
The officials of Apple 's suppliers told that Apple has shown several screen designs to equip in the new device with a small screen size of about 8 inches. The current size of iPad is 9.7 inches.
The device is expected to have the same resolution as that of the iPad 2 claimed a person who is quite familiar with this subject.
The company will work with Taiwan based AU Optronics and South Korean LG Display Co., the screen makers in order to test the display panels, claim the reports.
This move comes in as Apple is planning to launch the iPad 3 in March this year. The tablet will have a higher resolution than that of the previous version and also similar display size. A version of the gadget will make use of the 4G wireless networks of AT&T Inc and Verizon Wireless.
Already, the music player of the company, iPod is available in various designs and sizes and the company might be adopting the similar concept for the tablets also.
It has considered several tablet designs previously, claim the people familiar with the subject. But the company didn't implement it has Steve Jobs was satisfied only with the 9.7 inch screen size for the tablet as it helped create great apps.