TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
It may be recalled that only a few weeks ago, Apple got a verdict in their favor against Samsung in patent infringement case. The court had ordered Samsung to pay $1 billion to Apple as they found that around 26 products of Samsung has infringed Apple’s patented technology used in their popular iPhone and iPad models.
However, it seems that both parties, Apple and Samsung are not satisfied with the verdict. Samsung’s dissatisfaction was anyway expected and they are seeking a fresh trial on the grounds that earlier verdict is not reasonable and justifiable for the lack of any compelling evidence. They even alleged that court didn’t give them a fair chance to dispute in court as many of their witnesses were not allowed to record their testimonies.
Apple on the other hand quite surprisingly seems more dissatisfied with the verdict. According the company’s lawyers, Samsung has already reaped rich dividends by rolling out infringed products and thereby making millions of sales globally. They are sticking to the view that Samsung has caused an irreversible damage to Apple’s product identity and the company is seeking an additional $707 million as damage charges.
US District judge has called for a hearing on December 6to discuss the concerns and challenges raised by both the companies. It seems the legal battle has just started and it is not going to end in the near future.