TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Apple’s WWDC 2014 Slated From June 2 To 6: iOS and OS X To Be Major Highlights
Popular international tech shows like Consumer Electronics Show and Mobile World Congress, which took place earlier this year are over. But now its time for Apple's own annual event -- the Worldwide Developers Conference, popularly known by the abbreviation WWDC -- that's set to take place soon.
The Cupertino-based tech firm today officially announced the date for the aforementioned event. The company's annual event will start from June 2 through June 6 at San Francisco's Moscone West.
At this year's five-days long conference, developers from around the world will be given a chance to learn about the future of iOS and OS X. Apple will be giving them the latest tools and technologies to continue creating the most innovative apps for millions of iOS and Mac customers worldwide.
According to the reports online, WWDC 2014 will feature more than 100 technical sessions, with over 1,000 Apple engineers in presence, apart from the audience. Also Apple Design Awards will be held at the very event, which will showcase the best apps from the yesteryear.
The company has also announced the procedures for booking the tickets. Developers can apply for tickets via the WWDC website now through Monday, April 7 at 10:00 a.m. PDT, and tickets will be issued to attendees through random selection unlike the previously followed first-come-first-serve basis. Purchases must be completed by April 14 at 5PM PDT.
Apple is also motivated to bring in students and women in this year's annual conference and thus 200 Student Scholarships from around the world will get the chance to earn a free ticket. Apple is also partnering with the National Center for Women & Information Technology to help encourage more women to become coders and engineers via scholarships and other support programs.
Students can click here to file thier registration and developers can click here for the same.