TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Asian Community: No. 1 Smartphone Users in US [REPORT]
Asians constitute to majority of smartphone users among ethnic communities in US. A new survey revealed almost sixty six percent of the total Asian community to be using smartphones. Next in the list includes 56 percent of Hispanics and 55 percent of African-Americans who are using the smartphones for web surfing, e-mail and playing games. Reports suggest an aggregate of 55.5% of Americans to be using smartphones. The lowest smartphone using ethnic community is the White people contributing to just 45 percent of the whole white community population.
The latest reports throw light on the growing economic gap between the whites and minorities. The report said that ‘age’ has played a vital role in higher smartphone penetration among minorities. It also stated that 66 percent of the total smartphone users among minorities are aged 18 to 29. At the same time those above the age of 65 contribute to 11 percent of the total smartphone figures. Thelma Young, a graduate student was stated as saying, “Smartphones have become as necessary to your life as owning a car used to be.”
The survey also found almost 80 percent of the Asian-American community to be having a broadband connection at their respective homes. Asian-Americans are also the highest income earning group compared to any other ethnic groups in the country. Majority of them owns at least one smartphone though they draw only 15,000 dollars (approximately 8 lakhs) in a year.