TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Asus Padfone was announced at the Mobile World Congress 2012 (MWC 2012). The device managed to attract great attention. It is a combination of a tablet, netbook and smartphone in a single device. It will help Asus to get a strong foothold in the mobile phone market.
The Padfone is one among the much hyped devices. A new video that is issued by Asus claims that the device will be launched soon. Previously, a spokesperson of the company said that the Padfone will not be launched as expected as there is a shortage of processor supply from Qualcomm.
The new video issued by the brand displays the device with all its glory and accessories. The device is expected to hit the markets very soon. It is a hybrid device sporting a 4.3 inch display. It is based on the Android 4.0 ICS operating system.
When the smartphone is placed inside a PadFone station, it transforms into a 10.1 inch tablet. The battery capacity of the tablet is five times more than that of the smartphone. The device also includes an optional stylus headset. This is a Bluetooth stylus pen that can transform to a headset for attending calls.
A couple of months back, there was a news stating that the Asus Padfone will be the first device to receive the Android 5.0 JellyBean OS update. But, it will be launched with the ICS on board. We can expect it to get the JellyBean update soon after it is rolled out. The exact launch date and its price in India is still not confirmed officially by Asus.