TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Telangana Elections: Restrictions Imposed On Campaign Time In Naxal Belts
- Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone: Best Tariff Plans Under Rs 200
- Road Rage In India: Video Of A Man On Top Of A Running Car Becomes Viral!
- DeepVeer's Mumbai Wedding Reception Will Be A Grand Affair
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- India vs West Indies: The Five Key Takeaways
The Indian Railways' Bangalore division has joined in collaboration with Telibrahma and RailTel and has launched the BluFi services in the city railway station. BluFi is the combination of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
This initiative allows passengers to get information like games, videos, wallpapers and also Railway details like PNR status and others soon as they turn on the Bluetooth option in their phones while they are at the station.
S. Mani, the divisional railway Manager of South Western Railways claims that this is an important step that will improve the passenger amenities at Bangalore station and that the IT city is the first one in the country.
RailTel will offer the free Wi-Fi connectivity which is a part of their retail broadband initiative, RailWire. This is a retail broadband initiative by RailTel to offer affordable and high quality internet service to the public. It offers free Wi-Fi connectivity as an amenity to the passengers in Bangalore city station, says the General manager of RailTel Corporation, K. Manohar Raja.
In order to make use of this service, the passengers have to send the request to access internet by sending their number. They will receive the password through SMS.
The co-founder and chief operating officer of TeliBrahma says that the main objective of BluFi is to improve the experience of the passengers. This will offer a range of information that are not only entertaining but also informative to the consumers.