TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
The scientists have now designed a pair of gloves that is capable of singing a duet song with you. All you have to do is simply wave your hand to make your unusual partner sing. These gloves will manipulate the computerized sound to imitate the human voice
The hand gestures will replicate the movements of the vocal chords letting the gloves to produce the sounds, claims the researcher, Sidney Fels of the University of British Columbia who led the research.
The one issue associated with this is that it takes around 100 hours approximately to learn to play the sound. It is as hard as trying to email while you are talking with someone over phone, claims Fels.
The process is that, the right glove contains motion sensors that can detect the closing and opening of the wearer's hand. The opening of the hand will imitate the opening of vocal tract that produces the vowels while a closed hand will imitate that the vocal tract produces sounds like zz and sh.
The left glove has buttons that activate the stop consonants like b and p that is usually produces by the sudden release of the pressure that is built up and this is quite tough to simulate with the right vocal tract controls.
The right glove has a set of 3D position sensors to locate the wearer's hand in space and a foot pedal will control the volume. This gloves was initially developed as a voice synthesizer for those who suffer from speech difficulties but later was given the ability to sing.