- 19 min ago India Planning To Build Its Own Space Station By 2030
- 27 min ago Most Trending Smartphones Of Last Week– Xiaomi Mi 9T, Galaxy A50, Galaxy M40, Redmi K20 Pro And More
- 1 hr ago Xiaomi's Partner Holitech To Invest $200 Million in Country
- 2 hrs ago Lyrics Website Genius Accuses Google Of Stealing Its Content – Search Giant Again In Trouble
- Movies The Secret Life Of Pets 2 Full Movie Leaked On Tamilrockers To Download In HD!
- Lifestyle How To Take Care Of Your Skin This Monsoon Season
- News Moily suggests a referendum on EVMs, says everybody is suspecting them
- Automobiles Tata Offers Automatic Transmission On The Tigor
- Sports ISL Transfer News: Eugeneson Lyngdoh returns to Bengaluru FC
- Finance DCC To Impose Penalty On Airtel, Vodafone Idea For Not Helping Reliance Jio
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Lab-Created Black Hole Confirms Stephen Hawking's Theory
Physicists are working on an experiment that will make us understand more about black holes. The experiment has proved a prediction from Stephen Hawking made about these mysterious objects in space. The team created a simulated black hole in the lab which acts similar to the ones in space.
Black holes in space have immense gravity that even light can't escape. The team built the black hole using Bose-Einstein condensate and its point of no return doesn't stop light from escaping, instead, it doesn't let the sound escape.
The team claims that the experiment confirms the Hawking radiation. According to the theory, when trying to apply physical laws governing heat to black holes, the black holes will emit radiation. However, it's impossible to be close enough to a black hole to prove or disprove the theory. This lead the scientists to create a black hole in the lab.
How the Black Hole Was Made
The team trapped 8,000 rubidium atoms in a focused laser beam to make the Bose-Einstein condensate. Since the system comprises of ultra-cold atoms where strange quantum physical phenomena are seen and used for such experiments.
A second laser amplifies the potential energy at one end of the condensate. In one area of the experiment, sound travels faster than the speed of the flow of the rubidium atoms, however, the speed is sluggish on the other side, letting the sound waves to move away from the transition.
The experiment shows how light behaves in a black hole. It also showed that inside event horizon of the simulated black hole, Hawking radiation can be seen in correlation with the sound waves both inside and outside. One of the researchers said that Hawking was right with his theory.
Black Hole Is A Reality
Recently, the astronomers chronicled the first-ever image of a black hole. The image shows a dark region in the center which is encapsulated by a ring of light that looks brighter on one side. The Messier 87 or M87 galaxy which is near the Virgo galaxy cluster 55 million light-years from Earth. The supermassive has a mass that is 6.5 billion times than our Sun.
This is just the beginning, and we might see an even sharper image in the coming years. It took the astronomers a whole decade to capture the first image of this space phenomenon and giving us evidence of its existence.