BlackBerry launches cheap smartphones


RIM, famous for the BlackBerry handsets is dropping the price to launch models below Rs.15,000 which is far below the starting price of Rs.20,000 that was the case earlier.

The company is planning to launch a new handset within a few weeks that will be priced less than Rs.15,000. About 30% of the BlackBerry users are general consumers and the rest that is 70% are enterprise consumers.

The latest smartphone models of RIM, BlackBerry Curve 9360 and 9380 are priced at Rs.20, 000. The company is working in collaboration with the telecom operators to win the youngsters who have in between switched towards the smartphones offered by other companies.


Recently, the company launched an aggressive campaign regarding marketing to deviate the consumers from the cheap Android devices made by Micromax, Motorola, LG, Sony Ericsson and Samsung.

The company is now highly focused in regaining its lost ground in the enterprise mobile solutions and also works in improving the applications and solutions to an advanced level to provide a good experience to the enterprise consumers.

RIM has reached an understanding with the Indian government and also claims that the teams spent lot of time with the government officials and also addressed in details all the doubts and queries that they had.

Read More About: android blackberry rim smartphones

Stay updated with latest technology news & gadget reviews - Gizbot

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Yes No
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Gizbot sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Gizbot website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more