TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 'Sab Ghungroo Bandhke Taiyar Ho Gaye': Modi's Barb At Opposition Over PM Candidate
- IPL 2019: RCB vs KXIP — Preview
- Five Avengers Endgame Theories That Will Make You Go Bonkers
- Triumph Speed Twin Launched In India At Rs 9.46 lakh
- Arjun Announces GF Gabriella Demetriades's Pregnancy!
- SEBI Blocks Hotel Leelaventure From Selling Hotels And Properties To Brookfield
- Kajol Amazes In This Sari
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Boeing flights to support cell-phone, live TV and Wi-Fi by 2013
American multinational aerospace and defense corporation, Boeing has announced that it has plans to incorporate equipments in aircrafts which will allow in-flight phone use.
The company also informed that it had already started installing connectivity systems on all 747 and 777 planes. Most of the planes from Boeing will support cell phone use by 2013.
Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner planes already have equipments to support cell phone use. Boeing plans to upgrade the existing system in these planes and bring additional capabilities to the devices.
Some of the features expected with the installation of cell phone enabling kits include:
- Ability to take incoming calls
- Ability to make outgoing calls
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Live TV broadcasts
Although these features are still on paper it has to be seen how Boeing will implement such unique features to their aircrafts. All the proposed equipments are yet to be approved by FAA which will test the safety of in-flight electronic equipments. Air travelers across the world have warmly welcomed this new announcement. Integration of such features on Boeing aircrafts will surely prompt other airline manufacturers to consider the same. Hopefully in future all planes will have connectivity features which will enable users to stay connected even while they are travelling by air.