TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Pulwama Attack Updates — PM Modi Chairs High-Level Meeting
- Gully Boy — Movie Review
- 6 Steps To Earn More Money From Fixed Deposits
- Joint 2030 World Cup Bid — Everything You Need To Know
- ACT Fibernet Plans To Partner With ZEE 5; Launches New Brand Identity
- Is The Mahindra XUV300 India’s Best Compact-SUV?
- It's Never Too Late To Exlpore The Elusive Haven Of Lawngtlai
- These Identical Twins Share The Same Boyfriend!
What will be the first thing to strike your mind when you think of Boeing? Smartphones will definitely not be in the top of the list. But this trend is about to change soon. As per the source, Boeing, the aerospace firm based at Seattle is working on a highly secure Android phone. The phone will be launched sometime before the end of 2012.
Roger Krone, the president of Boeing didn't reveal the specifications of the device or the release date. He said that the Boeing Phone (as there is no name for it now) is almost done and it is in the development cycle.
This will not be a normal smartphone that you can buy from the retailer. The highly secure communication devices are often expensive. Boeing makes use of an open source OS to make the smartphone relatively cheap and affordable for the consumers.
Who will get such secure devices? Definitely, the multi-national companies and Defense department personnel will the first ones. Cost is the main reason for Boeing to choose Android operating system. The users can use the same platform on their personal phone as well as on their business handset.