TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
What will be the first thing to strike your mind when you think of Boeing? Smartphones will definitely not be in the top of the list. But this trend is about to change soon. As per the source, Boeing, the aerospace firm based at Seattle is working on a highly secure Android phone. The phone will be launched sometime before the end of 2012.
Roger Krone, the president of Boeing didn't reveal the specifications of the device or the release date. He said that the Boeing Phone (as there is no name for it now) is almost done and it is in the development cycle.
This will not be a normal smartphone that you can buy from the retailer. The highly secure communication devices are often expensive. Boeing makes use of an open source OS to make the smartphone relatively cheap and affordable for the consumers.
Who will get such secure devices? Definitely, the multi-national companies and Defense department personnel will the first ones. Cost is the main reason for Boeing to choose Android operating system. The users can use the same platform on their personal phone as well as on their business handset.