- Finance Global Brokerages View Modi2 To Push Some Of These Stocks
- News Rahul Gandhi has not offered to resign yet, says Congress amid confusion
- Movies When Trisha Came Up With A BOLD & BEFITTING Reply To A CLICHED Question!
- Automobiles MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Sports La Liga, Real Betis join hands to promote Spanish football internationally
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
BSNL to Introduce New Schemes to Record Revenues in 2012-2013
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), government-run telecom company aims for revenues of Rs.30,000 crore during the current financial year. The latest figures indicate a growth of over 7 percent compared to the revenues generated during 2011-2012.
R K Upadhyay who is the Chairman and Managing director of BSNL confirmed that company officials are working very hard for achieving Rs.30,000 crore mark in revenues. He believes that the new target is desirable and also achievable. BSNL’s revenues declined to Rs.27,934 crore for 2011-2012 from Rs.29,687 crore in 2010-2011.
BSNL is also planning to introduce new schemes apart from telecom services which would be an additional source of revenue for meeting employee costs. Expansion plans are going ahead for GSM lines. As part of this, BSNL has already shortlisted ZTE and Alcatel Lucent for its 14.37 million line expansion. Next six months will also see commissioning of the equipments designed to improve coverage and capacity for eventually ending the congestion problems faced across major parts of the country.
BSNL sources point out the non-availability of funding for its rural landline operations from the Government as one of the major factors that led to the reduction of its revenues. Reports suggest that the regulatory expenses and non-receipt of funds for its rural landline operations has attributed to the revenue loss to Rs.8,850.70 crore during the year 2011-2012.
The revenue loss during the year 2012-2011 was Rs.6,384.26 crore. Reports also suggest that grants from Universal Services Obligation Fund for supporting BSNL’s loss making landline business in rural areas are still under Government’s consideration and are yet to be sanctioned.