TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Casio, the well known maker of compact cameras, digital watches and calculators is planning to enter the tablet market. The company is entering the market with a couple of rugged Android tablets. The tablets dubbed Casio V-T500-GE and VT-500-E are rugged than usual.
The V-T500-GE and VT-500-E tablets have an IPR 54 rating indicating that they won't break even if you drop them from a height of three feet. These tablets will not stop functioning even if they are splashed with water or used in dusty environments.
Casio V-T500-GE and Casio VT-500-E run on the Android 4.0 ICS operating system. The tablets sport a 10 inch scratch proof display. Both the devices are equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core TI OMAP4460 processor and have NFC chips.
The Android tablets are powered by a battery of larger capacity. The battery is user swappable to ensure more working hours. The details about the availability and pricing of these rugged tablets are not known. As of now, the difference between the V-T500-GE and VT-500-E models is also not revealed.
Hyundai, the car maker is also working on Android tablets. The company was reported to launch three Android ICS tablets. As the tablet market is booming, all the companies are entering the market with their own models.