TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
The CES 2014 is creating more buzz than ever. So far we have seen the best of the TVs from LG, laptops from HP and many more making their debuts. In the wearable device segment, Pebble has plunged in announcing its next-generation smartwatch, the Pebble Steel, which, as the name suggests, features a stainless steel body with a leather or a steel band (brushed stainless steel and a matte black steel).
The front face of the wearable device is layered with an ultra durable and scratch resistant Gorilla Glass. In contrast to the previous generation of the Pebble smartwatch, the latest one comes with a thinner bezel and slimmer profile. Moreover, even the weight of the Pebble Steel is 45 grams, which is 2 grams lesser than the older one.
The waterproof Pebble Steel is said to last for up to a week on a single charge. It also has an RGB LED on the bottom corner that can be used for charging status, but in the future the team will open its API so developers can use the LED to signal alerts or notifications.
Along with the Steel, Pebble has announced that its Pebble 2.0 software and app store. The app store will be available later in January 2014. The company is also reportedly said to have partnered with new companies to introduce a playback control app for Pandora, ESPN sports stats and box scores, and a car stats monitoring app from Mercedes.
Pebble Steel will begin shipping on January 28 for $249 which translates to Rs. 15,526 in Indian currency. Pre-orders can be placed from today on the Pebble website.