- 5 hrs ago Xiaomi 13, iQOO 11 Launch Events Called Off After The Demise Of Chinese Leader Jiang Zemin
- 5 hrs ago Infinix Hot 20S Launched: Gaming Smartphone With Helio G96 SoC, 8GB RAM
- 6 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M54 5G Spotted On Geekbench: More Powerful Than Galaxy M53 5G?
- 7 hrs ago Snapchat Launches Windows 11 App: How To Download And Use?
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Star Opposite Shrenu Parikh In Punar Vivah's New Season? Here’s What The Actor Has To Say!
- Finance This Top Rated Index Fund Outperformed Benchmark, Gave 21.26% Annualised Returns On 3 Years SIP
- News India, Australia free trade agreement to come into force from Dec 29
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022, Tunisia 1-0 France: Khazri goal in vain as Australia progress
- Travel Must Know Real Facts About Sagarmatha National Park
- Education UP NEET PG Extended Mop-Up Round 2022: Schedule Released At upneet.gov.in; Check Details Here
- Lifestyle 3 Natural Ways To Use Pineapple For Skin Care And Hair Care
- Automobiles Upcoming Electric Scooter, River EV Spied Testing – Newcomer Gearing Up To Dethrone Ola & Ather?
CES 2015: Get Ready for 8K Video with new SuperMHL Connector Format
The CES 2015 has got bigger and better in 2015 with lots of innovative technologies from the tech-giants.
Leading provider of semiconductors for the mobile, consumer electronics and personal computers MHL has today announced the superMHL, the next-generation of MHL Consortium technology for CE and mobile devices. The superMHL delivers mobile advancements such as higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL's reach in home theater connectivity by supporting 8K video resolution and expanded audio formats.
With this, now consumers can link their mobile devices, set- top boxes (STBs), Blu-ray Disc players, AVRs, streaming media sticks and other source devices to TVs and displays. Moreover, the release of a new reversible superMHL connector offers enhanced video formats to deliver lifelike, immersive content between home theater products and displays.
To support these features, MHL has introduced the new reversible superMHL connector with 32 pin connector, which can carry concurrent video, data and power charging all in a slim, consumer-friendly form factor. A reversible design means that consumers don't have to worry about the plug's orientation or the cable's direction eliminating frustration and offering a high level of flexibility.
"As the world's leading TV brand, Samsung continues to innovate as an MHL Promoter to create the first 8K interface and the release of a reversible, consumer-friendly superMHL connector. superMHL is designed for higher performance to deliver the best possible TV resolution so consumers can enjoy superior color, incredible contrast and true-to-life picture." said John Ryu, vice president of Visual Display, Samsung Electronics.
SuperMHL - Key Specifications
• Delivery of up to 8K 120fps video.
• Deep Color support up to 48-bit color depths.
• Wider color gamut to view content the way filmmakers intended.
• High-Dynamic Range (HDR) support to strike the perfect balance of bright spectral highlights along with shadow details.
• Immersive surround sound with support for object audio such as Dolby Atmos, DTS-UHD, 3D audio, and an audio-only mode.
• Advanced connectivity configurations to link multiple MHL devices together (TV, AVR, Blu-ray player) and control them via one remote.
• Power charging up to 40W..
• Content on multiple displays when connecting a single device.
• New reversible superMHL connector.
• New support for the MHL Alt Mode for the USB Type-C specification.
"MHL enables consumers to share what they love - photos, videos, music and ideas with the world around them. Our goal is to make content more meaningful and accessible. With the release of superMHL, consumers can experience content beyond resolution, focus on the picture instead of the pixels, and live in a world where TVs are truly windows into the future,"said Rob Tobias, president, MHL, LLC.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!