TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Eric Schmidt, Google's chairman delivered the most exciting keynote at the MWC 2012 of which we would like to highlight a particular segment. In the Q&A section that followed the keynote, Schmidt was questioned regarding when the feature phones will have Android.
He replied saying that a better solution for this is to buy a smartphone if Android is needed to a great extent. Or a better question will be when smartphones will fall to the same price as the feature phones. He said that this will happen next year.
He added that the models that cost $400 last year will cost $100 next year. It is happening currently and many partners are actually working on models that will fall in the price range of $100 to $150. Finally they will arrive to a price of $70 which is their goal. This will be the point when the low cost smartphones will start occupying the developing markets so that they can be resold for $20 to $30.