TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Feel virtual reality with new gloves
You would have sensed virtual reality through sight and sound so far. Now, you can touch the virtual objects, thanks to a new pair of gloves.
Gloveone, the new green and black gloves from Spain-based tech company NeuroDigital Technologies, will let you actually feel sensations like shape and weight when interacting with virtual objects.
The developers claim that the wearers will be able to feel rain and fire, and also something as ethereal as butterfly wings, Discovery.com reported.
The technology translates touch sensations into vibrations and each pair has 10 sensors placed in the palm and fingertips. Four of those sensors, located in the palm, thumb, index and middle fingers, can detect each other, letting you fire a gun or grab an apple.
The gloves also include a 9-Axis inertial measurement unity (IMU) sensor, which can be placed beneath the gloves. An IMU sensor, often used to manoeuvre aircraft, can record velocity, orientation and gravitational forces using accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetometers.
In the Gloveone, the IMU sensor will track your hands within the virtual world to offer a more realistic experience.
The company describes the sensation of wearing these gloves as a "realistic perceptual illusion", meaning that you can't feel the weight of a virtual object the same as it is in real life, but you can compare weights within the virtual world.
The company has finished prototyping the product and created a Kickstarter page to finance manufacturing the gloves.
Only thing, you will have to wait till 2016 before you enjoy the experience through Gloveone.
Source: IANS, iflscience,