TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Mozilla had announced that the smartphones that are powered by the Firefox operating system will be launched in early 2013. The Chief Operating Officer of Telefonica, Mathew Key said that the first device that will be shipped with the Firefox OS will come fall in the sub $100 (Rs 5,500) price range. It will be launched in Brazil in the Q1 of 2013.
The operating system will be better and also cheaper than the Android operating system. It will also address the issues related to fragmentation and address that are present in Android, he added.
The manufacturers like ZTE and Alcatel will make the first devices that are powered by the Firefox OS. At the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2012, Mozilla announced its plans to launch an HTML 5 based mobile platform for the smartphones. Earlier, this OS was known as Boot To Gecko project and now it is known as Firefox OS.
As the platform is based on HTML 5, it supports the HTML 5 applications that have the access to the core features like calling. It will be an open platform. Even Android supports the HTML 5 applications but the apps do not have the free access to the core features. This means that the apps developed for Firefox OS will work on all the versions of the platform.