TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Google, today has come up with an attractive doodle in commemoration to Mary Leakey's 100th birthday anniversary. Mary was a renowned British archaeologist and anthropologist, who discovered tools and fossils of ancient hominine.
She has received public recognition for discovering the fossil of a Proconsul skull, an extinct ape now believed to be ancestral to humans. She also discovered the fossilized remains of a Zinjanthropus skull and Laetoli footprints. Adding to the list of her accomplishments, she developed a system for classifying the stone tools of ancient hominines , found at Olduvai Gorge.
Mary Leakey worked with her husband Louis Leakey for most of her carrier. The couple led a series of excavational trips to Olduvai Gorge in the Serengeti plains of Northern Tanzania. They discovered many stone tools including primitive stone made chopping tool and hand axes.
After Mary's husband death, she continued her excavation work, uncovering Hominin fossils that were over 3.75 million-years-old. Apart from Hominin fossils, Mary discovered fifteen different species of extinct animals.
Mary passed away on 9 December 1996 at the age of 83, Google's doodle celebrates the 100th birth anniversary of Mary Leakey, with an image of a female archaeologist with all her archaeological tools, working at an excavation site, riddled with foot prints. The two dogs, playing around on the site, we are guessing, are the pets of the archaeologist.
<center><center><iframe width="600" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2TsPLfG9ato?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center></center>