TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Google India: Doodle 4 2012 Competition Kick offs
On Wednesday, Google the search engine giant announced the Doodle 4 Google 2012 competition for children in the age group of 5 and 16. This time the theme of the competition is 'Unity in Diversity' and the contestants have to create a Doodle based on the Google's logo.
Since 1998, Google is following a very innovative way to commemorate important events such as National holidays, Independence days of different countries, global events like Olympics, birth anniversaries of famous people and more.
While announcing this competition, Nikhil Rungta, Country Marketing Head at Google India was quoted saying, "Doodle 4 Google is a great opportunity for students to explore the intersection of art and technology, while sharing their talents and creativity on a national scale. Through this programme, we hope participants will have fun, think creatively and learn something new all at the same time."
The Doodle 4 Google will be extended to children in over 40 cities shortlisting three contestants from four zones – North, South, East and West. As usual, the participants will be divided in three different categories such as Group 1 with students from class 1 to 3, Group 2 with students from class 4 to 6 and Group 3 with students from class 7 to 10.
The Doodle that wins the contest will be announced on November 6 in New Delhi during a special event and it will be demonstrated on the Google India home page on Children's Day - November 14, 2012. All the 12 finalists will be rewarded with a tablet and Google kit.
Last date to submit the entry is October 23rd, 2012. Check other guidelines of the Doodle 4 Google competition here.