TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
The Google I/O conference started yesterday and as expected the company has unveiled its first tablet, the Nexus 7 at the event. Since the news about the tablet started, there were talks about its price. Google has added a mix of high end hardware and still managed to keep the price pretty low. The Google branded tablet will be available for a price of $199 (approximately Rs 11,000).
In 2011, Eric Schmidt of Google said that the search engine company will be coming out with a superior quality tablet. The Nexus 7 tablet sports a 7 inch display with the IPS technology. It has a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and is equipped with a 1.3 GHz quad core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. The tablet has a 1 GB RAM to make it the best in the business.
The Google branded tablet is actually manufactured by Asus. It is not only designed to compete with the Apple iPad but also with the Amazon Kindle Fire. Google has aimed to tacked the war with its pricing. The Google Nexus 7 tablet is available in two versions – 8 GB and 16 GB. The 8 GB Nexus tablet is priced at $199 while the 16 GB version is priced at $249.
Interestingly, the Google Nexus 7 is the first device to run the Android 4.1 Jellybean operating system. The consumers in United States, Australia, Canada and UK can pre-order the magnificent tablet from the respective Google Play Store. The delivery of the tablet is announced to happen in mid-July.
When do you think this tablet will be launched in India? Are you planning to buy one? Please share your thoughts with us through the comments section below.