TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Minimum Income Guarantee Will Increase Congress Tally, Say People
- IPL 2019: RR vs KXIP — Highlights
- Ford Cars To Feature Amazon Alexa — Best Voice-Command System Ever?
- Shabana Azmi Reacts To PM Modi Biopic Credit Row
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Airtel Online Store: Get Samsung Galaxy S10, iPhone XR, Google Pixel 3
- She Injected Fruit Juice Into Blood!
- Top 5 Affordable Cities In India To Live In 2019
Google Maps App Ported to Apple iOS 6, After iPhone 5 Jailbreak [Video]
Since the official release of iOS 6, Apple Maps application has gone through a lot of trouble and criticism, adding more to the list, a hacker today has claimed that he has successfully managed to port the coveted Google Maps app on to the iOS 6, which deliberately avoided the search giant's popular service in its proprietary solution.
According to AppleInsider reports, hacker Ryan Petrich showed off the solution, however he did not divulge the details on how he was able to port the app over to the new operating system. Reportedly, the porting was done from version 5.1 of iOS that was installed in iPhone 3G S that was updated to iOS 6.0, but it appeared to be “crashy” and did not facilitate public distribution.
Further, tweets from the hacker also confirmed that the jailbreak is necessary to make the app functional in iOS 6. At the same time, recently reports have been swirling around in the tech media world that Apple is hiring former Google Maps engineers to work on Apple Maps App to smarten up the application.
Further, besides the Apple Map app, iPhone 5 has also become the center of critisizm, latest report from TheVerge claimed that several iPhone 5 owners have noted that their devices are coming with a variety of scrapes and scuffs out-of-the-box.
Apple is yet to make a statement on the issue, but for those who prefer the perfect handsets, it may be fruitful to take the device to a local Apple store and seeking an exchange, TheVerge report concluded.