- News Weather today: Light duststorm, thundershowers likely in Delhi
- Sports India beat South Africa 5-1 to win FIH Series Finals
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Google, Microsoft end patent litigations
Technology giants Google and Microsoft have agreed to drop 18 patent lawsuits between the two companies in the US and Germany, the media reported.
The agreement brings an end to legal battles over the use of technology in mobile phones and Wi-Fi and of patents covering games for the Xbox video-gaming console and Windows products, Efe cited the two companies as saying in a joint statement.
"Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain patent matters and anticipate working together in other areas in the future to benefit our customers," the companies said without disclosing financial terms.
The legal battles began in 2010, when Microsoft accused Motorola, later acquired by Google, of non-compliance with its obligation to allow companies to license patents covering wireless networking and video technologies at a reasonable price.
See Also : Launch of Windows 10 to be a 'seminal' moment: Microsoft
Google sold Motorola Mobility to Lenovo last year but kept some assets, including the majority of its patents.