TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
In our article Google predicts Oscar 2012 winners we mentioned that Google has predicted the winners of the 84th Annual Academy Awards winners for the following based on its search statistics.
Best Picture: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
Best Actor: George Clooney (The Descendants)
Best Actress: Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo)
The event of the 84th Annual Academy Awards was conducted on February 26th 2012, Sunday and this unfortunately for Google made all its predictions wrong. As per the event, the actual winners are:
Best Picture: The Artist
Best Actor: Jean Dujardin (The Artist)
Best Actress: Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady)
Google backed with strong search statistics predicted the winners using some search algorithms like lowest search volume and search popularity for the picture, middle of the pack in search terms for actor and spike of interest for the actress.
This might arise a question on the reliability on Google search trends and its analysis. Hoping good luck for Google next time.