TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Polling — Live
- IPL: Match 41: CSK Vs SRH — Live Updates
- New Maruti Alto Launched In India
- MTNL Revises Broadband Plans, Offers 5.4TB Data At Rs.7,999
- Shahrukh Khan: India Is Like A Very Beautiful Painting!
- 3 Shares That Could Yield Superb Returns
- Tara & Ananya In Quirky Looks
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Google Pays Tribute to Auguste Rodin's 172nd Birthday with 'The Thinker' Doodle
Today, that is on November 12, Google is showing the popular French sculptor Doodle of celebrated sculptorist Auguste Rodin to commemorate his 172nd birth anniversary.
The Doodle depicts Auguste Rodin's famous work "The Thinker" (Le Penseur in French) which is a bronze and marble sculpture by the French artist, and the sculpture is now in the Musée Rodin in Paris. Reportedly, there are some 20 other original castings, as well as various other versions, studies, and posthumous castings. It depicts a man in sober meditation battling with a powerful internal struggle. It is often used to represent philosophy.
Sculpturally, Rodin possessed a unique ability to model a complex, turbulent, deeply pocketed surface in clay. Many of his most notable sculptures were roundly criticized during his lifetime. They clashed with the predominant figure sculpture tradition, in which works were decorative, formulaic, or highly thematic.