TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Minimum Income Guarantee Will Increase Congress Tally, Say People
- IPL 2019: RR vs KXIP — Highlights
- Ford Cars To Feature Amazon Alexa — Best Voice-Command System Ever?
- Shabana Azmi Reacts To PM Modi Biopic Credit Row
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Airtel Online Store: Get Samsung Galaxy S10, iPhone XR, Google Pixel 3
- She Injected Fruit Juice Into Blood!
- Top 5 Affordable Cities In India To Live In 2019
GPS Enabled Shoes Will Now Take You Back Home From Wherever You Are
We have witnessed a lot of interesting innovations in the international technology arena lately. There had been inflatable helmets, sound detection glasses for the deaf and a lot more gadgets that have gathered the attention of curious techies across the globe. The latest to add to the list is GPS enabled shoes which will use the potential of GPS technology, combined with the utility of shoes to direct the user to any location of their choice.
The new GPS enabled shoes have been developed by a British designer, Dominic Wilcox who was supposedly inspired by the legendary movie ‘Wizard of Oz’. Reportedly, Dominic was quoted saying,” I decided to make a pair of shoes that can take you back to home wherever you are. I thought about the Wizard of Oz and how Dorothy could click her shoes together to go home.”
The GPS enabled shoes arrive with PC software and a USB cable. Hence, allowing users to upload the desired address, where they would like to go. A GPS antenna is fitted to the heel of the left shoe. The left shoe also incorporates a ring of light emitting diode, forming a compass. Right shoe has a progress bar which indicates the distance to be traversed. Both shoes communicate to each other wirelessly.