TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
One of the largest Railway Networks in the world, the Indian Railways is planning to introduce the latest GPS system on its trains. This technology will enable real-time monitoring of trains and thereby results in reduction of train accidents.
This GPS Technology is been developed by Indian Space Research Organization and the Centre for Railway Information Systems.
One more intriguing feature of the GPS technology in trains will be its benefit to passengers. Passengers will also be able to derive useful information through the GPS. Even details like the last minute train cancellations, rescheduling of trains can be obtained by passengers.
This project is set to become a reality by 2012, say Indian Railway sources. The pilot run of GPS enabled trains has been carried out between Chennai and Tambaram stations and is found to be successful. A huge budget of approximately Rs 70 crores has been set aside exclusively for this project.