TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
One of the largest Railway Networks in the world, the Indian Railways is planning to introduce the latest GPS system on its trains. This technology will enable real-time monitoring of trains and thereby results in reduction of train accidents.
This GPS Technology is been developed by Indian Space Research Organization and the Centre for Railway Information Systems.
One more intriguing feature of the GPS technology in trains will be its benefit to passengers. Passengers will also be able to derive useful information through the GPS. Even details like the last minute train cancellations, rescheduling of trains can be obtained by passengers.
This project is set to become a reality by 2012, say Indian Railway sources. The pilot run of GPS enabled trains has been carried out between Chennai and Tambaram stations and is found to be successful. A huge budget of approximately Rs 70 crores has been set aside exclusively for this project.