TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
A group of cyber experts have revealed through a study that most of the GSM Cellular networks in India are highly vulnerable to attacks. This comes as a shocker to cellphone users across the country as the study also revealed that it is easy for hackers to impersonate users & make calls without the users' knowledge.
Matrix Shell is the name of the cyber experts group & they demonstrated as to how hackers operate. For this demonstration, a leading GSM service provider was hacked into & a call was made without the knowledge of either the service provider or the customer. One interesting fact to note here is that this demonstration was carried out without using a mobile phone or sim card.
Matrix Shell also explained that the unique identity number and the SIM card number use a separate number called the IMSI. The hackers hide their identity by masking the IMSI with a temporary identification number called the TMSI.
The protocols state that the TMSI has to be changed every time a call is made/received or when an sms is received/sent which is not implemented by a majority of the leading service providers. These service providers are also not implementing the encryption mechanism. This flaw is proving to be costly for them as hackers are easily impersonating genuine users in the absence of a proper encryption mechanism
The experts also stated that when the account of genuine users are hacked, the hackers can even misuse the money present in that account & even receive incoming calls. All these can be done without the users even having a faint idea.
Thus, the need of the hour for the GSM cellular service providers to implement a strict anti-hacking policy & bring all their associated members under this framework. Reply with your opinion in our comment section below.