TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
India's third-largest telecom service provider Idea Cellular has added a maximum number of GSM subscribers with 1.73 million new additions in August, followed by No. 2 Vodafone India and No. 1 Bharti Airtel, GSM body COAI said.
Vodafone and Airtel could only boast of 1.23 million and 0.77 million. Uttar Pradesh (East) contributed to the highest number of GSM users in July with 66.99 million, followed by Maharashtra with 61.96 million and Andhra Pradesh with 56.32 million. With the new additions, the total connection base of Airtel and Vodafone reached to 210.53 million and 172.49 million respectively.
Total number of subscribers for Idea, which offers 2G and 3G services through a network of over 100,000 cell sites across over 55,000 towns in India, stood at 141.84 million at the end of August, COAI said in a statement.
The GSM subscriber base rose 0.74% from July, with 5.54 million new additions in August, said COAI, adding that consolidated mobile connection base stood at 749.96 million.
According to the reports from COAI, company-wise market the share in relation to GSM customers in July read Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, BSNL, Aircel and Uninor taking 28.18%, 23.01%, 18.82%, 13.05%, 9.94% and 5.4%, respectively.
Further, these figures didn't change drastically in August, with the carriers having 28.07%, 23%, 18.91%, 12.96%, 9.99% and 5.45% of the same last month.