TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
We have already seen the tips on waterproofing the mobile phones in our previous article. If none of the steps that we mentioned worked well and if your mobile phone has become wet and water logged, you can follow these instructions about how to handle the wet mobile phones and ensure that it is working properly.
The first and foremost thing to do with a wet mobile phone is to pull the battery out. Cutting out the power will reduce the chances of the recovery of the device. Do not turn on the wet phone as it will damage all the components of the phone. Use paper sheets or some moisture absorbing tissues to wrap the memory card, handset, SIM card and battery separately.
Use clean cloth or tissues to wipe off the wet parts. At any cost, do not use hair dryer to dry the components as it will reduce the chances of making it work. Instead leave all the parts under direct sunlight.
In case your handset is soaked in water heavily, you can use the rice method. Submerge the components and the phone in a bowl of raw rice for about 24 hours and do not turn it on for day. Let the parts dry thoroughly. You can also use silica gel sachets that will be in new bags, insulated thermoware, bottles, etc. as it will absorb moisture.
If none of this works well for you, better take the device to a reliable mobile service center and be honest on what happened.