As per the recent report, search engine giant Google is working on the Hangout 4.0 version which brings user-interface tweaks and support to add status. Android Police has shared the information about the new UI of the Hangout 4.0.
- No more tabs, unless you have Hangouts Dialer installed.
- The name and email address from the main-screen have been replaced with Hangouts label.
- A floating action button has been introduced, which offers access to three speed dial options, new video call, new SMS (if applicable), new group, and new conversation.
- All contacts can now be accessed from left drawer, along with Status.
- Contact selection UI for group chat has been changed.
- When a conversation is selected, there is no more archive option in the new overflow menu, which has replaced the fixed three options - thrash, archive, notifications off.
- Using the new status option in the left drawer, you can now set your status, which will be visible to other contacts.
- Conversation view has also been tweaked to add direct shortcuts for emojis, pictures, camera, location and stickers. Also, your DP is no longer shown to you.
- There is still no tablet layout, but Hangouts Android Wear app is getting some changes.
There is no information about the roll-out of latest Hangover 4.0 for the Android platform.