TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Howrah station gets Wi-Fi
India's largest railway complex, Howrah railway station near Kolkata became fully Wi-Fi enabled on Saturday.
Within its network fold, free access has been given to the people for half an hour each day.
"The Wi-Fi has been deployed at all the platform, concourse, public rest rooms at Howrah railway station across both sections," general manager of Eastern Railway, R.K. Gupta told mediapersons here during an event.
The 70 odd wi-fi access points across the country's oldest railway station can deliver speed of 150 Mbps for every access point.
Officials said it can handle heavy online traffic.
Besides this facility, railway minister unveiled a web-offset tickets printing machine, a railway sports complex at Kanchrapara near the city, true colour display board for passenger information system, 219.43 kms of double line sections and additional sub-urban trains.