- 1 min ago Vivo Z5X first live image emerges online
- 26 min ago Xiaomi Mi Band 4 latest leak suggest Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity with NFC support
- 36 min ago Samsung Galaxy M30 with triple rear cameras going up for sale at 12PM in India
- 2 hrs ago boAt Airdopes 411 with Bluetooth 5.0 officially launched for Rs 2999
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna's Dream Of Working With This Big Hero Finally Comes True? Exciting Deets Inside
- Finance RBI To Launch Rs. 10 Note Shortly With Shaktikanta Das Signature
- Sports Glowing tributes pour in for Niki Lauda
- News Why elections 2019 may spring a surprise on May 23
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Huawei, NTT DOCOMO completed a trial for 5G mobile communications
Huawei will continue to work on research and development of mobile communications technologies in cooperation with partners around the world to offer new services that utilize 5G in diverse scenarios
Huawei and NTT DOCOMO, INC., has completed a successful joint field trial for 5G mobile communications over a long distance with 39 GHz Millimeter Wave (mmWave) band in Yokohama, one of largest commercial areas in Japan.
Takehiro Nakamura, Vice President and Managing Director of 5G Laboratory at NTT DOCOMO said, "Long-distance transmission over 39GHz mmWave will enable 5G network deployments on a large scale. It opens up the new stage of the 39GHz mmWave technology and will deliver the ultra-fast experience with 5G high data speed."
In this trial, the downlink data transmissions were achieved at a maximum speed over 2 Gbps on a testing vehicle which was equipped with a user equipment (UE) equivalent to a mobile phone, while driving at speeds over 20 km per hour.
Wen Tong, Huawei Fellow and CTO of Huawei Wireless Networks, said: "It is the technological challenge and opportunity to use the long-distance transmission of 5G mmWave Mobile Communications technology, the wireless industry will start using the new spectrum 100 times broader than the current network to foster next wave of innovations."
"The 5G mmWave technology will help our customer to reuse the existing network infrastructure, especially for sites resource, to protect their investment. This test is the first time successfully to verify the long-distance transmission of 5G mmWave, Huawei will continue to innovate to make 5G mmWave a success," Tong added.
Huawei and DOCOMO jointly worked on the 5G innovation and successfully conducted a series of large-scale field trials since December 2014. Currently, the developments of 5G have been in a new era, which the first version of a 3GPP 5G standard of Release-15 will be completed in 2018, the industry is entering the 5G Pre-commercial stage. Huawei will continue to work on research and development of mobile communications technologies in cooperation with partners around the world to offer new services that utilize 5G in diverse scenarios for 2020 and beyond.