- 7 hrs ago How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- 11 hrs ago 10 Best Android Apps For Investment On The Move
- 14 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 16 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- News Assam Police recruitment: 2000 Assam police jobs announced, direct link to apply here
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Idea Cellular to invest Rs 550 crore in UP over next 2 years
Idea Cellular, country's third-largest telecom operator, today said it plans to invest over Rs 550 crore in Uttar Pradesh over the next two years to deepen its penetration and increase Internet connectivity.
"In the next two years, we are committed to invest over Rs 550 crore in the state," Idea Cellular's Managing Director Himanshu Kapania announced at an investors' conclave organised by the UP government here. He said Idea's current investment in UP stands at Rs 4,400 crore.
"Out of the total investment of Rs 42,000 crore that Idea has made across the country, 11 per cent of the investment has come to UP," he said. Currently, Idea is present in 82 per cent of UP, covering over 85,000 towns and villages and plans to increase its reach to 95 per cent of the population, he added.
Around 14 per cent of the voice minutes generated by Idea comes out of UP, he further said. "In terms of Internet coverage, currently, we cover about 15 per cent of the state and we expect that we will be able to provide Internet to 85 per cent of the state," he added.
He sought UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's support in opening up government properties to set up mobile towers. "We need to put up large number towers and for that we want to open up government properties for setting up of towers," Kapania said.
He also requested the state government for formulating a prudent Right-of-Way (RoW) policy in order to increase the Internet connectivity.
"If you want to reach Internet to every nook and corner of UP, we have to put up fibre and we are requesting the UP government to issue a forward-looking RoW policy, which is currently pending across most states. We are hoping this state would be on the forefront in supporting us," he added.