TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Idea Plans Its Own 3G Network in Delhi By March 2015
Idea Cellular, the country's third largest telecom operator, will use its own network for offering 3G services in the lucrative Delhi circle from early next year. The operator, at present, is offering 3G services in the region through intra-circle roaming pacts with Airtel and Vodafone.
The Aditya Birla group firm plans to use spectrum in 900 Mhz band, that it won in February auction, for offering 3G services, but the airwaves have not been allocated yet.
The company and two other major players, Airtel and Vodafone, yesterday announced resuming 3G services through intra-circle roaming (ICR) pacts with other operators after the TDSAT ruling on the matter last week.
"We will launch 3G service in Delhi on our own network beginning of next year, precisely in January-March period," Idea Cellular CEO for Delhi and Haryana service areas, Sanjeev Govil, said on the sidelines of an event here.
The company has 3G spectrum in 11 out of 22 service areas and has access to 10 additional service areas, including Delhi, under 3G ICR pact.
"There will be no difference for consumers when we will launch 3G on our network but from company point we will have more control on our network and services," Idea Cellular Chief Marketing officer Sashi Shankar said.
Shankar added that company is ready to launch 3G service in Punjab this month.
"We are going through testing phase in Punjab. The services will be launched as soon as tests are over. So it can be anytime within this month," Shankar said.
The company today launched a website that will give access to content related to IPL cricket team Delhi Daredevils.
"We want to stay connected with our subscribers at different levels. 'Idea Delhi Daredevils Fan Page' is one way of engaging with them in interactive manner. At the moment we have videos, wallpapers, photos and ringtone which can be expanded to lot more themes and plans as we move ahead," Shankar said.