TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
A latest study has reported that the mobile subscribers in India have crossed the 900 million mark. These facts come as a big boost to the mobile industry. The study has also reported that new subscribers are growing at a rapid rate.
New mobile operators are also growing day by day. Subscribers in the urban areas contributed to this trend immensely. There was also considerable addition of rural subscribers. Experts say that since the Indian population is increasing the number of mobile subscribers is also increasing.
The number of GSM subscribers outnumbered that of CDMA subscribers. The highest contributor was subscribers in Mumbai who accounted for approximately 62% subscriber growth. In the service providers' race, Idea Cellular leads with 93.18% subscribers.