TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
India Web Users to Hit 150M By This Year End
With youth contributing to the majority of mobile users in Indian population, latest reports suggest that India will have 150 Million web users by the end of this year. The booming demand for Internet mobile broadband access is also expected to be a major contributor to these growing numbers.
The report is being published by the ‘Press Trust of India’ also popularly known as ‘PTI’. The report published was based on the recent survey conducted by ‘Internet and Mobile Association of India’ (IMAI) and ‘Indian Market Research Bureau’ (IMRB). The report stated that the urban areas in the country will contribute to 105 million users by the end of this year where as the rural areas of the country will be contributing the remaining 45 million users.
The report also confirmed active web users to be 99 million and 38 million respectively for urban and rural areas during the month of June this year. PTI indicates that out of a total of 137 million users in India, almost 111 million users are active which means that these users are using the Internet at least once on a monthly basis.
Youth driving the Internet Boom!
The PTI reported that there is a significant rise of almost 19 percent as far as active Internet users are concerned. The latest findings give a clearer picture of the extent of boom in Internet penetration in India. As per the findings, almost 70% of the total active Internet users in the urban areas of India are believed to be school-going children, college students and men and women of younger generation. The emerging mobile broadband access is also playing a vital role in the doubling of its usage frequency.