TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
The Indian Railways' paperless ticketing scheme has found many takers and is a hit among the Indian youth. This paperless ticket is in the form of an SMS that is sent by the Indian Railways whenever a person books his/her ticket through sms and consists of vital details about the passenger/passengers and the journey. This novel initiative by the Indian railways is a big hit with the Indian youth.
The sms ticketing apart from being an Eco-friendly initiative is also a functionality your mobile phone provides. One reason that can be attributed for the scheme becoming popular among the youth is that it eliminates the need to wait in long queues to book tickets as all details are obtained in a single click.
Thus, this novel initiative of Railways is catching up and is sure to serve as an example for other countries of the world.