TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
The Indian Railways' paperless ticketing scheme has found many takers and is a hit among the Indian youth. This paperless ticket is in the form of an SMS that is sent by the Indian Railways whenever a person books his/her ticket through sms and consists of vital details about the passenger/passengers and the journey. This novel initiative by the Indian railways is a big hit with the Indian youth.
The sms ticketing apart from being an Eco-friendly initiative is also a functionality your mobile phone provides. One reason that can be attributed for the scheme becoming popular among the youth is that it eliminates the need to wait in long queues to book tickets as all details are obtained in a single click.
Thus, this novel initiative of Railways is catching up and is sure to serve as an example for other countries of the world.