TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
iPad can cause computer vision syndrome which is a set of eye problems that are caused due to staring at the screen of the device for long time periods without even taking breaks. The American Optometric Association states that the symptoms of the computer vision syndrome are blurred vision, dry eyes, headache and eyestrain.
Many of us might be having this syndrome and may be we have not realized it still. The report states that those who spend about two to three consecutive hours before the computers or digital media per day are at a higher risk of this syndrome.
The computer, smartphone and tablet screens are held close to the eyes thereby causing strain in them. Moreover, these screens show pixelated images always that can cause the eyes in and out of the focus without our knowledge. This weakens the focusing muscles of the eyes making it difficult to maintain the focus.
To reduce the chances of developing this syndrome, users should maintain 20-20-20 rule which means that in every 20 minutes of looking at the screen you need to look away for 20 seconds. And that too 20 feet away. This will refresh the eyes and also reduce the symptoms of the syndrome. If you are a desktop users, place the monitor at an arm length and the top at the eye level so that the download gaze is easy on the eyes.