TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- CJI Gogoi Rubbishes Sexual Harassment Allegation, calls It “Conspiracy” To Destabilise Judiciary
- IPL 2019: RCB vs KKR — Highlights
- Skoda India Launches EasyBuy Program For Top Model
- REVEALED! Details About Ranbir's Role In Brahmastra
- WhatsApp Android Beta Spotted With New Emoji Style For Status Updates
- Booked A Jet Airways Flight? Here's What You Need To Do After It's Shutdown
- Tara And Ananya In Glittery Dresses
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
iPad causes computer vision syndrome?
iPad can cause computer vision syndrome which is a set of eye problems that are caused due to staring at the screen of the device for long time periods without even taking breaks. The American Optometric Association states that the symptoms of the computer vision syndrome are blurred vision, dry eyes, headache and eyestrain.
Many of us might be having this syndrome and may be we have not realized it still. The report states that those who spend about two to three consecutive hours before the computers or digital media per day are at a higher risk of this syndrome.
The computer, smartphone and tablet screens are held close to the eyes thereby causing strain in them. Moreover, these screens show pixelated images always that can cause the eyes in and out of the focus without our knowledge. This weakens the focusing muscles of the eyes making it difficult to maintain the focus.
To reduce the chances of developing this syndrome, users should maintain 20-20-20 rule which means that in every 20 minutes of looking at the screen you need to look away for 20 seconds. And that too 20 feet away. This will refresh the eyes and also reduce the symptoms of the syndrome. If you are a desktop users, place the monitor at an arm length and the top at the eye level so that the download gaze is easy on the eyes.