TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
iPhone 5 India Release Update: Vodafone, Airtel, MTNL Mumbai Ready to Offer Nano-SIM Cards [Report]
Its only a few days left for the release of iPhone 5 in India and all the major carriers including Airtel are quite busy in testing the Nano SIM cards for the smartphone.
In an effort to offer services to the sixth-generation iPhone, leading service providers including Vodafone, MTNL Mumbai and Bharti Airtel are ready with their nano-SIM cards to offer to their dedicated customers.
According to a TelecomTalk report, Vodafone India spokesperson has claimed that Nano SIM cards are available for all circles of Vodafone for SIMEX (SIM exchange). Subscribers can exchange their old SIM cards and replace with the new Nano SIM at no additional costs for the latter.
At the same time, the report continues stating that Airtel also confirms the commercial availability of Nano SIM cards to all the circles. Also, MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd) has confirmed that the smaller SIM cards will be available in 3 to 4 days across all its Customer Service Centers in Mumbai for SIMEX.
Nano SIMs aka 4 FF are 30% smaller and 15% thinner than the micro SIM cards and have benefits including more space to house a larger battery, additional memory and also in manufacturing handsets with smaller footprints.