TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Consumer electronics maker Micromax today announced its foray into the air coolers category with products will be priced between Rs. 5990/- to 16990/-.
Rajesh Agarwal, Co-founder, Micromax Informatics Ltd. said, "With our foray into the Room Air Cooler segment, we are all set to reinforce our Consumer Electronics portfolio and will be foraying into other categories as well in 2018."
He further added, "The Indian air cooler market size is estimated to be around Rs. 3,000 crores, as per industry estimates. Around 30 percent of this is based on the organized sector and the rest is catered by the unorganized segment. With close to 250 million households in India, only 4-5 percent own an Air conditioner while close to 60 percent own fans, Considering the lower cost of ownership and the constrained power supply situation in India, this category is bound to grow in the organised category and air coolers will see high demand in India with consumers preferring branded products."
The entire range of Coolers will be available at leading counters across the leading markets from February 2018.
The company said that Micromax Coolers are developed to meet geographically and climatically diverse requirements of customers. Its aerodynamically designed fan blades ensure cooling in all corners of the room in High Ambient areas and strong blowers give cool air to Coastal Households. The 360-degree mobility with caster wheels helps in versatile deployment from living rooms to terrace to bedrooms and children room. The coolers are designed to use extremely low power consumption and the coolers are adaptable to usage on inverter as well.
The company entered the consumer electronics category in 2012 with the launch of LED televisions and is also present in the AC segment.