TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Micromax is reported to be working on a dual core platform known as MT6577 for its future smartphones. This MediaTek chipset is expected to help the manufactures to produce dual core smartphone in sub Rs 10,000 price range. MediaTek has recently launched the MT6577 dual core platform. It is expected that in the coming months we can see low cost smartphones with this chipset.
MediaTek MT6577 has a 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor and a PowerVR Series 5 SGX graphics processing unit. The chipset is compatible with the Android 4.0 ICS operating system and has a 3G/HSPA+”>HSPA modem.
The dual core chipset adds a new level of performance and an enhanced user experience to the smartphones making use of the MediaTek technology. It will offer improved mobile connectivity, user interactivity and an enriched multimedia experience that is usually available on the high end devices. This enables consumers to enjoy high performance from affordable devices.
The platform offers support to 8 MP camera, high definition 1080p video playback and 720p HD video recording. It has support to dual band 802.11n Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity features. The first smartphone with this chipset is expected to be available in the market in three months. In India, MediaTek is one among the main suppliers of mobile platforms for manufacturers like Micromax, Lava, Spice Mobile and more.