TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Micromax to launch dual core smartphone below Rs 10,000
Micromax is reported to be working on a dual core platform known as MT6577 for its future smartphones. This MediaTek chipset is expected to help the manufactures to produce dual core smartphone in sub Rs 10,000 price range. MediaTek has recently launched the MT6577 dual core platform. It is expected that in the coming months we can see low cost smartphones with this chipset.
MediaTek MT6577 has a 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor and a PowerVR Series 5 SGX graphics processing unit. The chipset is compatible with the Android 4.0 ICS operating system and has a 3G/HSPA+”>HSPA modem.
The dual core chipset adds a new level of performance and an enhanced user experience to the smartphones making use of the MediaTek technology. It will offer improved mobile connectivity, user interactivity and an enriched multimedia experience that is usually available on the high end devices. This enables consumers to enjoy high performance from affordable devices.
The platform offers support to 8 MP camera, high definition 1080p video playback and 720p HD video recording. It has support to dual band 802.11n Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity features. The first smartphone with this chipset is expected to be available in the market in three months. In India, MediaTek is one among the main suppliers of mobile platforms for manufacturers like Micromax, Lava, Spice Mobile and more.