TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Micromax, the largest Indian mobile phone manufacturer has announced the plan of a phone with a built in solar charger. This panel will charge the handset within three hours and support a talk time of 1.5 hours.
The Executive Director and co-founder of Micromax, Rahul Sharma told that they are looking forward to make some innovations. He added that they were the first to launch dual SIM phones, handsets with long battery life and more.
The company's next innovation will be to get rid of the charger by having a solar panel in the upcoming phone. As mentioned above, for a charging time of 3 hours, the phone will have a talktime of 1.5 hours. This solar panel in-built device is expected to launch in a week, he added.
Not many details were disclosed about this new phone. It is going to be a feature phone and definitely not a smartphone. Micromax is not the pioneer for this concept as Vodafone released the Vodafone VF 247, a basic handset with call and SMS function. It has other features like color display, FM radio anda a solar panel at the rear. This is available for a price in India of Rs 1,500.
Micromax announced the launch of Funbook tablets yesterday for a price of Rs 6,499. This is an Android 4.0 ICS powered tablet that will be launched soon by the company.