TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Micromax, the largest Indian mobile phone manufacturer has announced the plan of a phone with a built in solar charger. This panel will charge the handset within three hours and support a talk time of 1.5 hours.
The Executive Director and co-founder of Micromax, Rahul Sharma told that they are looking forward to make some innovations. He added that they were the first to launch dual SIM phones, handsets with long battery life and more.
The company's next innovation will be to get rid of the charger by having a solar panel in the upcoming phone. As mentioned above, for a charging time of 3 hours, the phone will have a talktime of 1.5 hours. This solar panel in-built device is expected to launch in a week, he added.
Not many details were disclosed about this new phone. It is going to be a feature phone and definitely not a smartphone. Micromax is not the pioneer for this concept as Vodafone released the Vodafone VF 247, a basic handset with call and SMS function. It has other features like color display, FM radio anda a solar panel at the rear. This is available for a price in India of Rs 1,500.
Micromax announced the launch of Funbook tablets yesterday for a price of Rs 6,499. This is an Android 4.0 ICS powered tablet that will be launched soon by the company.